Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quiet my mind

This hits me right where I need it today.  As I took my quiet half hour, and my mind spun, I spun gratitude and pleas to bring me back to His presence.

And I don't know when I became so anxious.  I don't know when relaxing became so impossible. When did I start adding a million rules and regulations to my already busy days?

I felt God saying, 'You keep my commandments, so why are you adding to the list? "

I don't know.  But I know it makes me miserable.  And uptight and high strung.

Young continues, "Though many people think that beginning the day with Me is sufficient, they frequently go off course unless they continue seeking Me throughout their waking hours," reminding me how true this is.

Lord, quiet my mind today.  Allow me to relax in You, trusting You with my tomorrows and with the next hour.  Remind me that I am small.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.