Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Joy

I don't naturally trend toward joy.  Which is not to say that I'm melancholic all the time.  I'm just a person who may need to be reminded now and again that the glass is half full rather than half empty.  This is not easy to admit.



Source: d.yimg.com via Nicole on Pinterest

On,Wednesday, I had my day alone.  Before I blogged, I came across Sara's blog.  And then I couldn't write.  What could I say?  The new perspective silenced me.  I spent hours that day reading her thoughts, and the thoughts of others who spoke with love of how she'd impacted their lives.  I was moved and convicted.  Here was a girl who lived in incredible pain and yet with incredible joy.  And she never ceased to praise God.  She reminded us to praise.  Her testimony so beautiful, so enlightening and I know without a shadow of a doubt that God brought me to her story that day and again today so that I might be reminded that joy is a choice.  That God can give us supernaturally what we don't naturally possess.



Source: etsy.com via Nicole on Pinterest

Linking up at: skywatch Friday and

javascript:void(0)










11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminders...I love the "notice when you are happy". I also don't tend toward joy, but think that today I will do my best to notice when I am happy, and then work to tell my face that I am happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her story absolutely knocks me on my butt too. And it reminds me that joy is a choice. I can be a bit melancholic myself and I need a lot of reminders. What a gift that God gave us through her.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I hear you on this. "might be reminded that joy is a choice. That God can give us supernaturally what we don't naturally possess."

    AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you've reminded me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys. Glad to know I'm not alone in my melancholy. :) maybe it's a writer thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stunning photo. Happy weekend!

    SWF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a "joy" filled weekend.

    Visiting from Pinning & Singing blog party.

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your honest LOVELY words inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I definitely need to come back and reread this often. I'm not sure melancholy is a writer thing (for me, at least); it's more of a busy thing. Almost like sometimes life is so busy I forget I can still enjoy it; BUT I'm trying.
    ~Leslie~

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an amazing color for the sky!! Looks really beautiful!

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete