Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

That search for balance

I may be back.  In fact, most likely, I will be coming here again....I just don't want to make any promises.

I took time away from here in order to spend time with the kids, to work on the house, to feel less pressure.  And it was good.  It's amazing how clean the house has been looking.  And I found myself sitting more often with the kids outside of school work.  Just playing or talking.  So, in certain ways, it seems that maybe I shouldn't return to blogging.  But I've also missed writing.  That balance is just so extremely hard to find, isn't it? I really don't think we as women (or humans) can have it all.  I think that often, we are forced to choose.  Even if everything I want to do in any given day is wonderful and worthy, maybe it's just that some of it is for a different season.  So, that's why I say I may be back.

I am back in school.  After a five month break.  Yes, the one month for NaNoWriMo turned somehow into five months.  So, that means I am forced to my computer anyway.  Which may mean that poised, with fingers on keyboard for school, will in turn lead me to write here.  Or it may be that the addition of my school affords me even less time. We shall see.

But today, I'm grateful to be here....even if just for a few moments.


- God answering heart prayers
- feeling fresh and renewed after spring break
- spray paint on garage sale furniture
-old photos
-lemon heads
 - thrift store decorating



- a small church where we as a family can get involved
 - this place and time away
- not having to make up my mind

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole! Thanks for stopping by yesterday. I understand what you're saying about the balance. Most days I would love to sit at my computer, coffee in hand, and write the day away. However, motherhood doesn't afford me that luxury. I have to keep reminding myself that I will have plenty of time to write before I know it. My first priority right now is two little ones. (That doesn't necessarily make it any easier to close my laptop and go make lunch though!) I'm glad you stopped by. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to find a balance as I remember back to those years..but it is important to do something for yourself and your own self-expression....Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.