Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gosh, how often can I write on here?

I can't believe how much I'm finding I have to say. And I realized as of yet, I haven't talked about my kids. But truth be told, I'm not focused on them at the moment. My husband's parents are in town and they have taken over for a while, which means they are in good hands. They've been getting to go to the campground almost every night to stay in Nana and Papa's motor home so they're having a blast. Well, not the baby. She stays with us. But she is so easygoing and allows me many breaks throughout the day with her naps and her playtime. She's eight months and really, just a perfect angel. I'm sure I will enlighten everyone (is there anybody out there?) at some point about how wonderful and brilliant and truly special my children are but right now, I have ms on the brain, or in the brain, I guess. I have a spinal tap tomorrow. I guess that will clinch the diagnosis, although everything else has already been ruled out by the blood work.

Anyway, the question for all of my nonexistent readers is this: has anyone ever met someone and wanted immediately to be their friend? I've always been that way. I can decide quickly whether I desire someones friendship. Not to say, I haven't made plenty of friends with people who I wasn't immediately drawn to. I don't know if that last sentence made sense. I just took two percosets to "practice" for my spinal tap tomorrow (Doctor's orders) and I can tell I'm going to need to cut this a bit short. But to finish the thought process, I was going to share how I met a woman a couple of months ago who I was drawn to. She was ten years older than me, but seemed to be quite interesting. She too homeschools and at the time, I'd thought about trying to make friends. But I've never quite gotten the hang of making friends as an adult, so the opportunity passed. But bottom line is I do know that she too has ms. Since my near diagnosis, I've been thinking about trying to contact her, see if maybe she'd like to get coffee. It would be nice to have someone to share this with. But is that weird? Would she want to be approached under those circumstances? It's not like, I can say, "Well, I wanted to be your friend before, but now it just seems like fate!" Anyway, going to go relax now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.