Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Something Waits...

I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape - the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter.  Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show.  ~Andrew Wyeth



I don't so much prefer winter.  And this winter has not come in well. But there is grace. I am at least not in cold country anymore. 

I need to hold on desperately to that last line in Wyeth's quote.  Spring will come.  And I don't know what waits.  But I know that winter is not forever. 

So I focus on today.  


StudioJRU

7 comments:

  1. I feel beauty in waiting the next season. My favorite is fall but I like spring as well, the nature that comes back to life. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quote. I have a print of Wyeth's _Christina's World_ hanging in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm :) I like that quote... and that picture. I am trying to spin my own positive side to winter this year, too... normally I love winter, but last winter I was in the middle of some post-partum depression, and this winter I'll be without a car during the week (stuck at home) so I'm feeling the need to spin it positively this year, too. (This was my positive spin... http://onceuponagrainofsand.wordpress.com/2011/12/01/in-which-god-gave-my-husband-a-donut/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I focus on today... love that. Something to remember throughout the year. We don't know what is waiting for us! Thanks so much for joining us 'in the studio' and sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. With a blue sky it looks more cheerful at least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do feel the same way about winter. Here's to what is underneath.

    ReplyDelete

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.