Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let it Snow

The snow is coming down again but this time, I bear witness, seeing with new perspective.

I asked for this, in a way.  Freshly, fallen.  Make me white as.  This has been my prayer so constant and so now, I have to smile.  I might never be able to look at snow the way I used to, with such disdain. 

Even snowy, Sunday's are my favorite day.  Brett is home, there's church, the best nap of the week and usually nothing to do but be with family.

Church was so good. It was about perspective.

 And I hadn't want to go.  My legs were aching, exhaustion winning, I was tempted to climb back in bed, let everyone else go. 

I am always so grateful when I go.  I need this.  I need to worship like that every day.  I want to feel that healing that I feel on Sunday mornings, singing "I need you Jesus come to my rescue, where else can I go?"   "I will go where you go, I will stay where you stay, I will follow you.  Let me love who you love, let me serve how you serve."

Worship changes perspective.

The pastor spoke of having an eternal perspective and I thought how I'd heard recently that this life is a pilgrimage.  

Last night, studying for my Ethics class, I read about St. Augustine and his autobiographical work entitled, Confessions, I am happy to be an "average housewife" sharing confessions as well, in the company of one who wrote,
"You have made us for Yourself and our heart is restless until it rests in You."

Confession gives us new perspective.

As I was trying to sleep last night, I kept hearing God remind me that when I know who He is, I will know who I am. 

I need this every day, every hour, this release, this worship, this new perspective. 

Let it snow, let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.