Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Invincible Summer

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."



-Albert Camus



I'm working on learning this. On these freshly, fallen days to say thank you and find gladness within rather than without. Find joy while wading through endless housework. These days of winter have prompted learning. It is the quiet, the still, the mundane, the isolation, the everyday that spurs the desire for change, for training. It is the prosaic which finally has no choice but to challenge and force questions.

I wait for summer anxiously, but too, I know the Son. His light sustains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.