Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

All Shall Be Well

I'm finding that I now feel antsy when I haven't blogged but then I come to keyboard and am not sure what to write. Contradictions always. Isn't life just like that? And humans? I suddenly feel more urge for creativity today than I have in forever, yearning for my studio, which in the last few weeks has not sounded at all appealing to me, wanting to go now today and write and draw. But the roads are icy, so alas there will be no traveling.
Funny how I seem to think I need or want to do things when it's an impossibility and then when the time is right , the opportunity there, I rebel against it. So maybe we don't grow out of that and it is not just for toddlers and teenagers, this stir-craziness, this longing to make our own way, be independent of all outside forces.
But if I lead myself, I end up in dangerous places, so I've learned it best to sit through the chaos of my mind and wait. I do a lot of waiting, being still and obedient though my heart pounds insubordination. And it is difficult this period, because when you still your mind and quiet your mouth, the Lord can speak but so too can the enemy.
So I daily remind myself that anything that reeks of condemnation and whispers of worthlessness and threatens hopelessness is not from the Lord because Christ came to give life and to give it abundantly.
So I pray this new year brings deeper perspicacious to all who are seeking, an end to striving an overflowing of His blessings and that we all would get, if not what we want then what we need. Happy New Year!

"But all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well,"

-Lady Julain of Norwich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.