Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cat Eyes

It's a bit ridiculous how sensitive I am to sun and cloud, light and dark. My moods matching each hue of sky, paralleling manner and pace.



This week, all week, I have woken up alive, cheerful to greet the shine of day. And really, what a difference it makes when I wake up before the kids to special, alone time with the Lord. Ever blooming towards the flourishing Proverbs 31 wife.



Everything is blossoming and I am deliberately ignoring lurking February. I am instead relishing in the fact that on the heel of a sympathetic January there is melting and warmer temperatures.



I can almost taste the delicious smack of baseball season.



And I have been nourished by forcing myself up and out of the house.



First steps taken make each next step all the easier. Plate full and yet, I have none of the funereal dread I've shouldered these past long months.



But.

Why is there always a but?

But.... I've noticed come evening, as the sun departs, I grow peevish. As the lesser stars replace sun, my temperament declines. I become tense. Touchy. Entangled in the weeds of my own rayless feelings.



So, now, though, this pattern made lucid, maybe I can try to beat it. Prepare. Look at it from Spiritual eyes. See significance in the sun and moon, the seasons, light and dark.



What is dark to me is not darkness to God.

He must have cat eyes.

Night shines like day to Him(Psalms 139:11-12).

So, as day wanes, and night falls, I will ask for sight of feline, anticipate illumination.

"Abide with me, fast falls the eventide; The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide."
-Henry Francis Lyte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.