Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sacrament of the Present Moment

I have the definite feeling that this new year holds surprises. And I feel butterflies in my stomach. I stand on a precipice of the unknown, taking risks and the uncertainty floods in, the anxieties, the doubts. Even good things, when they are unfamiliar can be scary. So, it becomes all the more important to live in the present moment even while taking steps forward. I can't stand still, frozen in fear, but I can move slowly, prayerfully, and in trusting. Jean-Pierre de Caussade wrote a book called The Sacrament of the Present Moment. I love this title because sacrament means something to be considered sacred and it refers to a rite or a ceremony. I must ceremoniously live in the present moment, with a knowledge that if this time is consecrated as a divine time, the Divine will be allowed to enter. He has been showing me how to live and do what He puts right in front of me and my temptation is to do the thing but look ahead as well, taking me out of the purity of the moments as they truly are. So this year, I will focus and meditate on recognizing God to be where I am in each moment of time, enjoying fearlessly each action He calls me to, even as I embrace beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.