Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hope and Confidence

Maybe I should just let it go. Assume it was an accident. It probably was. But even accidents God uses. (Romans 8:28)



He makes me smile because when I say "laugh off fear" he allows the fear in and then the next day the laughter. I know then He is here. That each word, breath, movement I make, He sees and that He indeed delights in me. He dances over me while I sleep. That is truly grace. That is truly the epitome of love and blessing. Is there any idea more beautiful than that I wonder?



I abandon self, my faint heart trying on determination, which in the past has been foreign and very shortly after, I come head to head with the theft of joy. Sometimes these advances are subtle, sometimes overt. This dare I took, defied.



But I needed the challenge, truly. Because my loyalty and voice now stands stronger. And it is only when fear is faced and conquered does liberty come.



Perseverance leads to character and character to hope. (Romans 5:3-4) The Greek word for hope also means...confidence! Where does my hope(confidence) come from?(Psalms 39:7)



Praise God from whom all blessings flow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.