Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Freshly, Fallen

Lackluster.

That was my word for the day. The word I kept chanting, hearing in my mind.

It was a perfectly fine day, but everything looked...everything felt....everything seemed....lackluster.

That's mumbling, murmuring, grumbling.

My devotions today said that "murmuring is diametrically opposed to" obedience (A Place Apart by M. Basil Pennington).

I was disobeying a call to joy, to contentment. A call to live fully and freely. A call to love.

Maybe I need to learn to love the white of snow. It is as this He will purify me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.