Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Giving it up to God

.  
I think I've been a bit of a downer lately.  This is why I purposely try not to reread any previous posts.  It usually makes me cringe.  

I feel considerably better today. 

 Another full day at the Mayo Clinic.  Curious, how I find it rather peaceful there now.  

It was quite a decent day. 

 Maybe I took the blue pill this morning... or maybe it was just acceptance.  Maybe it's the Serenity prayer or a resolution to stop the madness, see through a different lens.  Coping sometimes means giving in. Or giving up.  Not to anything unhealthy or destructive but just to life.  Giving it up to God. There are times and situations where our fight is required.  There are also things in this world which are not in our control.  The sticky part can be in discerning the two.  Taking my sticky hands off the situation if I need to.  I have a tough time with that.  Sometimes, I even sense that we're being prepared for a fight but the fight is not for now.  The battle in the moment is patience.  And strength.  Silence, sometimes.  Prayer, all the while, so that you know what you're up against and if you're really being called.  




Submitting at:
 Call Me Blessed 


3 comments:

  1. I went to the post on the other blog to read about the acceptance and how God has changed your perspective while sitting at the Mayo clinic. As I sit here and read your words, I am flooded with peace. I am reminded of how little I know and how big God is. I am reminded that this world is a really screwed up place and that our bodies can get pretty screwed up, too.

    And yet...He gives us enough for each day. Enough to keep going. Because mostly what God does, is love us. (Eph 5, Message)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jen. Your words were an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for speaking to my heart with this post.. I love the last line, "Prayer, all the while, so that you know what you're up against and if you're really being called." Feel like the weight of the world on my shoulders, I need to stay prayerful.

    ReplyDelete

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.