Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

How Not to Forget

These lines from Holley Gerth's blog  blow me away today and bring those tears I need:

"God sees us that way too. We stand in front of Him with our messy lives, our bare souls and we are certain that there isn't any beauty to behold. 

Then He catches us by surprise, looks our way and says, "Hey, beautiful."

To hear God say, "Hey, beautiful."  Wow.  
Yet, why is it, that on God's love I can write prose and poetry abundant- here....and I can feel it.  But in the same day, the same hour, I lose that certainty.
I revealed to my dad yesterday that after I blog, I sometimes grapple with a strange sadness; a let down.  After discussion and prayer, we concluded that it's a normal feeling.  It comes from being, here, in union with the Spirit, being so deeply touched by God's hand...and then leaving the Spirit when my writing is done.  I am not in union throughout the day.  Not like I should be.  And so, then, of course, I begin to strive.  I begin to forget that I am loved. 
It's a practice, the presence of God.  It truly is.  And when I am in more constant communion, I can more easily accept what I know.  That I am loved.  

My confession is here today.


Linking up today at Holley Gerth's blog.

3 comments:

  1. I think I clicked away too quickly before my comment was posted. If this is a repeat, please ignore!


    And when I am in more constant communion, I can more easily accept what I know. That I am loved.

    There is truth and power in these words. With that acceptance comes peace. There is a restlessness and discomfort when we are not in constant communion. I think that is meant as a reminder to turn towards God. Still, sometimes I am a slow learner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May, Oh, I can be such a painfully slow learner, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's a practice, the presence of God." I love this.

    ReplyDelete

Labels




On In Around button
holy experience

Average Housewife

Confessions of a Housewife

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother to six beautiful children (three boy, three girls) and married to a wonderful, incredibly patient and loving man. We homeschool and do life together and it's messy and full of grace.