Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

New Every Day

New:  Linking up at http://thegypsymama.com/2011/08/five-minute-friday-new/ and at http://www.projectalicia.com/search/label/Crazy%20Days%20of%20Summer and at http://skyley.blogspot.com/

Lord, I want to be new every day.  I see how You have made me new already.  You renew me.  Every morning, remind me to sing, "This is the day that the Lord hath made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it."  It is only when I acknowledge Your presence and Your sovereignty that things can happen.  That I can be changed.  Sometimes, I fall into the mistaken thought process that Your work is done.  But You are not finished with me.  It is ego that tells me, I have nothing left to work on.  That's a laugh.  I'm grateful that You are gentle with Your touch.  That You can point things out to me without condemnation.  I know now how to discern Your voice from that of the enemy.  You are a Lover of my soul.  You love me too much to leave me the way I am.  Help me to remember this as I deal with others, too, God.  Sometimes, I fall into that trap of believing that people are lost causes.  But You can make all things new.  Give me hope, God.  Help me to see with Your eyes.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful sky! New every morning~so thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cornfield seems enamored of the sky!

    SKY SO HIGH

    Sky so high,
    Sky so blue,
    Tell me why
    I love you.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Sunsets here and here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, sometimes I think of people as "lost causes" too. But then I also try to remember that we are all "lost" and "found". :)
    I came over from FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY today.
    Nice to *meet* you.
    Blessings,
    Danelle
    www.heseesme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look at the beauty around me and do feel renewed. It uplifts and inspires me. Beautiful shots. Thanks for joining the Crazy Days of Summer photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete